Here are things that have recently resulted in happiness for me.
1. I have read two books and put them on my 2014 Reading List page which means 16 days into the New Year and I am keeping one of my revolutions.
2. Blogging. Yesterday was a big blog day for a few people and in the process, I found some new blogs. Go check out Erin at Slightly North of Home. She is a new blogger and I like giving newbies some attention. I was blessed to have a few bloggers get me going, I’m looking at you Harper Faulkner (who has disappeared from WP, which is a loss for all of us) and Sweet Mother, and one of the joys of WP is passing on the love. Erin writes a miscellaneous blog which includes posts on travel and cooking. She even made beef tongue look appetizing. I mean eventually, the early photos not so much.
3. Psych. Do you watch Psych? It is such a silly, funny show. The writing and delivery are sharp and fast so you have to be paying attention. My girls love the show too, so finally something we can agree on!
4. Watching Psych with my 14-year-old daughter snuggled with me on the couch. I can’t describe how happy I was last night watching a show with Brigid and stroking her hair. She was always a snuggler as a baby. It’s funny how holding a 14-year-old in my arms can take me right back to her napping on me when she was 4 months old.
5. Going to the beach this weekend and Gearhart is my happiest place on earth.
Look at these photos taken by Photographer Jeff TerHar yesterday. A herd of elk moved into town!
Five is a good amount of happy things. Did you see the Oscar nominations are out? I have seen Dallas Buyer’s Club, American Hustle, Captain Phillips, Wolf of Wall Street, August: Osage County so I still need to catch up on some Oscar movie viewing before the big day on March 2. I will post my movie wisdom soon.
Thank you as always for reading and supporting this li’l blog o’ mine. I hope you find something to make you happy today.