It has been a very long time since I have done an awards post. I have a bunch started in my Drafts folder but never quite get them finished. Which is a reflection on my blogging torpor, not the awards.
I’m doing this one! I’m not kidding! The Lord David Prosser hath bestowed upon me the SuperSweet Blog Award and I’m taking up the Sweet Love and passing it on. (That kind of sounds like a Donna Summer song.) As with any award, there are rules and if there are rules, they must be followed or broken creatively.
1. I must thank the person who nominated me.
Thank you Laird David (I’m watching Monarch of the Glen and they say Laird. Is that bad? Is that offensive to Welsh people?) This is the prettiest award I’ve ever received and I thank you for your support and wise comments always.
2.I must answer 5 Super Sweet questions.
3.I must include the Super Sweet Blogger Award in my blog post.
4. Nominate a baker’s dozen of deserving bloggers.
5.Notify my nominees on their blogs.
So, Number 1 is dealt with. Lets try the questions
1. Cookies or Cake? OR Just Jane’s Sea Salt Brownies? I don’t eat sweets that often. A couple of weeks ago, I made dinner for my friend, Trisha’s, birthday. Dinner was excellent, I was quite pleased with myself although the lamb was a tad overdone. I bought dessert because I’m not much of a baker. Just Jane’s Sea Salt Brownies. Buy these. Find them and eat them. They are melty buttery goodness topped with a sprinkling of sea salt. You could have them injected directly into your side fat but eating them is way more fun and deliciously delightful. You. Are. Welcome.
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? Did I mention Just Jane’s Sea Salt Brownies are chocolate and they have chocolate in them?
3. Favourite Sweet Treat? Favourite means Favorite in American. You know, I’m gonna have to go with Just Jane’s Sea Salt Brownies for the win.
4. When Do You Crave Sweet Things The Most? When I see Just Jane’s Sea Salt Brownies and no one has eaten them yet so I am free to eat them all.
5. Sweet Nick Name? Haha…have you met me? I don’t think so.
Here is my
Brownie Baker’s Dozen of Blog nominees:
Dimwit Diary – Chris embodies sweet. This blog can be very hard to read and other times just slides into your heart like a Just Jane’s Sea Salt Brownie. He is one of the Good Guys. And kinda hot.
Lame Adventures – Lame is the last person you would call sweet, she’s a bit curmudgeonly but she can tell sweet stories. If you want to read her stories you should do what I did. Whilst eating a Just Jane’s Sea Salt Brownie, click here and order the Lame Adventures book off Amazon!!! I have it on my nightstand and I can read a little story and savor it like a Sea Salt Brownie and go back whenever I want.
Johnbalaya – is a heartfelt blog on every level. And he loves Donna Summer, like no one has ever loved Donna Summer. Perhaps like I love Just Jane’s Sea Salt Brownie.
Katalina I have just discovered Katalina but I know already it is a sweet and thoughtful place.
The Kitchen’s Garden– Cecilia’s blog is one of my favorite places to visit every day. I have no idea how she posts everyday and does all that she does for her family and farm but I’m glad she does. Visiting Cecilia’s blog is sweet and peaceful and a fun escape to a world very different than my own.
Jamie Bosworth is not a WordPress blogger but a blogger just the same, as well as being my friend and a helluva photographer.
Addie – who just posted a very important blog that I will be sharing with a very close friend of mine.
Simon — who is most always sweet. Perhaps not as sweet as a Just Jane Sea Salt Brownie, but sweet.
Lazy Laura Maisey — Another one of my fave blogs. I’m going to England to the Ham House where she volunteers her considerable baking skills and I’m going to be the manor’s eccentric American detective.
OK. That’s not a baker’s dozen of blogs. So sue me.
Just. Janes. Sea. Salt. Brownies. Tell them Maggie sent you.