Please ladies, PLEASE listen to me. I know what I’m talking about and I’m trying to save you some face, prevent some pain, save you from yourselves.
When I was your age, there were no cell phones, no Facebook, no caller ID, no *69, no voicemail, no instant messaging, no Skype, no Instagram, no Twitter….just phones and cars.
If I wanted to stalk a boy, I’d have to get in my car and go find him or go walk around Hamilton, NY and find him. If I called and he answered and I didn’t know what to say, I could hang up and for all he knew it was an Amway salesman. And that was dangerous enough. There was still drunk dialing and knocking on doors at 2 a.m. or a particularly humiliating move kissing a boy under a table at 1:45 a.m. when he honestly thought he was helping me look for my earring on the sticky, nasty beer-drenched floor of Hickey’s.
Trust me when I say, I am so grateful there were limited means of communication available to me while I was in college and in my early to mid-20s.
THANK YOU GOD, I WAS ENOUGH OF AN ASS ALL ON MY OWN.
Girls, listen to me and trust me, please do this for me. Help me Help YOU.
- If it is his turn to text you back and he doesn’t. Don’t keep texting him. He knows you’re out there and he knows how to get a hold of you, IF he wants to.
- If you are dating someone for a couple of weeks, don’t have the “we’re exclusive” talk. Just don’t. He will run like his hair is on fire.
- Don’t “De-Friend” guys on Facebook to “show” them. If they notice, they will just think you are ridiculous. For that matter, don’t post photos or updates on Facebook meant to “show” any guy how hot, busy, sexy, popular you are. OK? Stop it.
- When you are the worse for wear from wine or tequila or anything that has the word “proof” on its packaging, don’t hit Send. Just save it and review in the morning.
- The above rule goes for responding to emails from Match, OKCupid, Plenty of Fish, Craigslist massage ads, any of it….Just Don’t Do It.
- Don’t write/post any profiles to any of the above mentioned sites in that condition either.
- If he doesn’t ask you out again, do NOT call, text, IM or any of the other aforementioned types of electronic communication to demand to know why not. Please for the love of your own self-esteem, Don’t do this!
- One thing to remember if you take naked photos of yourself and send them to anyone: Never do that. The photos will wind up on Instagram or your Twitter feed and once that burning frying hot digital mess of sexiness hits the interwebs, there ain’t no gettin’ it back.
Ladies, even though the means of communication have changed immensely, men and women haven’t. Don’t think “oh I know him, he’ll understand that I’m cool, I’m just wondering why I haven’t heard from him in the last week.” He doesn’t think you’re cool, he wants you to leave him alone. Please sweetheart, please leave him alone.