Everybody’s smilin’! Sunshine Day! Everybody seems so happy today! It’s a Sunshine Day!
I got two (2) Sunshine Awards on Friday! Two, I tell you!
I came right out and asked for one from Annette Check her out…she’s an artiste and a writer! And I was nominated OUT OF THE BLUE by Brigitte, as in Bardot. She’s great and she’s a real writer and funny and talented…go see her!
Annette’s Sunshine Award came with no strings, just sunny wishes from the West Indies. Brigitte’s Sunshine Award came with rules to follow and the rules include writing about myself so I’m all over that like white on rice, or brown if you are a healthy rice eater.
SUNSHINE AWARD RULES:
Write ten things about yourself.
- I am the eldest of four children which has resulted in my being very comfortable bossing people.
- I had shingles my sophomore year in college. Prozac didn’t become available until two years later and I didn’t start taking it until a year ago but it probably would have prevented me from getting an anxiety-induced old people’s disease at the age of 20.
- My feet and my boobs got bigger after having children. My feet went from a 7 to an 8 1/2 because my feet flattened out from weighing over 180 lbs with my first pregnancy. I’m 5’3″. A buck eighty, yep. Most women’s boobs shrink from nursing but I couldn’t nurse effectively…my boobs are purely decorative.
- I was orphaned at 43. I’m still waiting for a wealthy family to adopt me.
- I have a shamrock tattoo on my back. It’s the size of a quarter and it’s stupid and I wish I had never done it.
- When I attended the University of Dijon in Fraince I was supposed to do my final project on life in a nearby village when it was occupied by the Germans during WWII. Interviews were set up with residents. I was too hungover to go so I had to change my topic to, you guessed it, mustard. Dijon Mustard. Quelle Loozair!
- I broke my elbow when I was 5. The cast was too tight and it rubbed against my thumb and left me with a scar. To this day that is how I know my left from my right.
- Until I was in my mid- to late 20s, I thought whatever direction I was facing was North.
- My junior year in high school I wrote down what I wore everyday in my Official Preppy Handbook Desk Calendar.
- When I was 5 my brother had his tonsils out and I went to Karen Simmons’ house for the day to play. I told Mrs. Simmons that my father was a pilot for Aer Lingus and that I regularly flew with him to Ireland. My father never batted an eye and went with my story when she mentioned it to him when he picked me up. My Dad was an insurance agent.
Include the award’s logo in a post
It’s right down there at the bottom.
Nominate 10-12 other bloggers
- Dotty Headbanger because she’s an award whore
- Hello Sailor because she could use some Sunshine
- Le Clown because he needs a little Sunshine, too
- Adam because he is so damn funny.
- Adair You because she is so damn funny.
- La La because she bears a striking behavioral resemblance to me 20 years ago. Physically she’s much prettier than I was.
- Get Write Down To It because we are kindred spirits and both have to live with Beliebers.
- Facehookin’ because this girl has got a MOUTH on her!
- The Real Mom of NYC because she’s new here and she should have some Sunshine.
- The Immature Man because he is new here and HIlarious and look at the photo on his page!
- Edward Hotspur because I love his upholstery.
- Madame Weebles because I don’t know anyone else who blogs about Hot Dead Guys
Link to your nominees
Link the person who nominated you
I did that up top.
For my nominees: you don’t have to do the rules if you don’t want to but you should put the award up on your page because it’s a major award….