In an effort to get my teenager to appreciate all the good in her life, I have tasked her with writing a list of 50 items she is thankful for. It is due on Thursday. And because I love lists. I’m making my list right here, you lucky pilgrim bastards.
I am thankful for:
1. Ticonderoga #2 pencils
2. That I will have 12 loved ones for dinner tomorrow.
3. Diet Coke
4. Plastic surgeons who perform breast reduction surgery.
5. My bed
6. Dansko shoes
8. My followers, including CougarFlirts who just joined this week!
9. The Far Side
10. Sauteed Mushrooms
12. Pinot Gris and her Italian cousin Pinot Grigio
13. Things made of pumpkin
16. Frank Sinatra
18. Friends with Words
19. Central heating
20. Comfort movies (a list unto itself)
21. These jeans (the ones I have on, you can’t see them).
25. Show tunes.
26. True Love
27. NY Times crossword puzzles
28. Good TV (another list all to itself)
34. Freedom of speech (it’s one of my fave freedoms because I talk a lot).
35. My brother because he is going to pick up the turkey so I don’t have to go to a store today!!!
37. Sea salt brownies
38. The Mary Tyler Moore Show. When you have the time, watch this episode. One of the best 25 minutes of TV EVER.
43. Heated seats
44. Air conditioning (I think more important than heated seats).
45. Lists (no I’m not running out of ideas).
46. Theater (like live plays, although I’m a fan of movie theaters, too)
47. Movie theater popcorn
49. My loved ones are safe and sound.
50. Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes.